Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Random Musings

Lily has become very active lately. She kicks me all day and all night long, luckily she's not big enough to hurt me (yet). I'm starting to wonder if she's going to be one of those never sleeping babies... thus making me a never sleeping mom. Hope not.

The good news is that I have finally made the decision to completely quit smoking. I had cut down a lot but not quit... well, I finished a pack at about 4 this afternoon and have not smoked since then... that's 10 hours. We'll see how it goes tomorrow etc, but I have (in the past) been the sort of person to actually stick with things once I decide to do them. Hopefully that will be the case here.

I'm getting more and more crafty, currently knitting and I've decided I want to sew the bedding and stuff for Lily's nursery and also do at least one scrapbook for her (not sure if digital or paper based). I feel as if I'm becoming more and more domestic and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

It's not that I'm against domesticity, it's just that its never been a part of who I am and, honestly, it really isn't anything of how I see myself. I also don't have a lot of confidence in my ability to become domestic in ways other than artistic... I hope I can though :)

I'm kind of interested to see how things end up and who being a mommy makes me become.

No comments: